Personal Lines Executive (Entry Level) – Full Time / Permanent Position
GMIB are looking to recruit staff at entry level and new to the Insurance Industry with a view to upskilling and training in order to perform the role of Personal Lines Executive. The successful candidate will report directly to our Team Leader(s) who will oversee their training and mentoring.
The Personal Lines Executive deals with all aspects of client’s General Insurance requirements. Suitable candidates will be sales focused, self- motivated and customer attentive and will deal with both existing and potential clients, quoting and advising on cover and services.
Applicants should have achieved a minimum of 280 points in the Leaving Certificate including a pass in English and Maths at either Ordinary or Higher Level (or equivalent) OR a Level 7 degree (or higher). A high standard of written and oral communications in English is necessary (please note that all Sligo IT lectures, tutorials and practical work are delivered through English and examinations are also in English).
In line with Central Bank guidelines the successful applicant will be required to sit the relevant Insurance Institute exams in order to achieve the necessary qualifications.
Have you got what it takes to be a successful member of the GMIB team? To work with us, you should possess the following skills & attributes:
· Focused, diligent and committed to work and study towards achieving a professional insurance qualification
· A self-starter and always willing to go the extra mile
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to include a confident phone manner.
· Self-motivated, enthusiastic and solution focused.
· Ability to work as part of a team and contribute to the continued growth of the Company.
· Able to communicate effectively (in both written and verbal form)
· Willing to be part of our dedicated team of professionals
· Enjoys interacting and building relationships with customers and is comfortable working in a fast paced dynamic environment
· Willing to take ownership and accountability for your own actions and responsibilities
· Committed to having good attention to detail and good time management
· Able to make real time decisions based on changing information and able to manage your own workload
· Constantly improving your negotiation skills and problem solving abilities
· Excellent IT skills with a Knowledge of Microsoft office.
As an employee at GMIB.ie, your responsibilities will include:
· Providing advice on all aspects of General Insurance. Ensuring that your clients understand the terms and the extent of the cover provided in line with industry regulations
· Negotiating terms and placing business with underwriters.
· Delivering first class Customer Service in order to maintain existing client relationships in addition to adding new clients.
· Gathering information from your clients and assessing their insurance needs and risk profile
· Researching insurance companies’ policies and negotiating with underwriters to find the most suitable insurance for your clients at the best price
· Foreseeing your clients’ insurance needs, such as policy renewals or amendments
· Advising your clients on whether and when they need to make a claim on their policies
· Arranging specialised types of insurance cover in complex cases - this may involve preparing reports for insurance underwriters and surveyors and negotiating with insurers
· Advising your clients on risk management and helping to devise new ways to mitigate risks, for example by adding security measures such as fencing, surveillance cameras or lighting to commercial properties to reduce the likelihood of a break-in
· Developing relationships with underwriters, surveyors, structural engineers and other professionals
· Keeping up with changes in the insurance market and in your clients’ industries
Joining our team has a number of great benefits.
Ø Competitive salary
Ø Working as part of a forceful, dynamic expanding team
Ø Generous allowance of annual leave days
Ø Discounted insurance products
Ø Education and development support
Ø Staff Health & Wellness Programme, which covers both physical and mental health
Ø Living and working in a town that has significant cultural, social and sporting amenities and activities
Ø Huge focus on after work activities to foster team building
Ø Working in an office located in the centre of Killarney, close to all amenities and with convenient parking
Interested Applicants should email Curriculum Vitae, in the strictest confidence, to:
Tina O’Sullivan ([email protected])
Or if you have any queries or questions in relation to the positions available, contact Tina @ GMIB.ie @ 064-6634632
Gallivan Murphy Insurance Brokers Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
Personal Lines Executive (Entry Level) – Full Time / Permanent PositionRead More
GMIB are looking...
Personal Lines Executive (APA Qualified) – Full Time / Permanent PositionRead More
GMIB are looking...
Commercial Lines Executive (APA Qualified) – Full Time / Permanent PositionRead More
GMIB are looking...
General Insurance Broker – New Business Sales Executive – Full Time / Permanent PositionRead More
Would you like an...