Making a Claim
Making a motor insurance claim
If you or any other driver are involved in an accident, contact our office immediately on 064 66 34632 (between office hours) or Motor Insurance Services on 048 904 10222. Your claims handler will contact you with any updates as we receive them.
What do I do if I’m involved in an accident?
1. Report the accident to an Garda Síochána.
2. Seek medical attention if necessary.
3. Take photographs of any damage caused to all affected parties.
4. Make a note of the following: the weather conditions, registration numbers of all vehicles involved, contact information of all parties, insurance details of all parties, any witnesses who might have seen what happened.
5. Complete and return claims forms in a timely manner.
If someone is claiming from your policy, their insurance company or solicitor may send correspondence to you directly. You do not need to do anything except forward this to your claims handler.
1. Don’t admit liability or agree that you were at fault.
2. Leave your vehicle where it is unless it is safe and legal to do so.
3. Wait at the scene until the Gardaí have arrived.
4. Don’t organise repairs for your own vehicle until you contact our claims team first.
5. Don’t organise a replacement car until you change over your insurance.
We’re here to help
Following an incident, our team will gather all the necessary information from you over the phone. We will then speak to your insurance company immediately while also making ourselves available to answer any queries you may have.
Our team will advise you of the policy benefits that are available to you, which may include the following:
Replacement car/hire car
Fire brigade charges
New car replacement
Medical expenses and emergency treatment
As always, we are here to help. If you are unsure of anything, please pick up the phone and give us a call on 064 66 34632.