KEEPING YOUR DATA SECURE
Cookies and what they do
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Some cookies are only placed on your device for the duration of time you are browsing that website. Others may be stored on your device and sent back to the originating website on each visit thereafter, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies allow a website to recognise a user’s device, which can be helpful.
Normally, cookies are used by websites to remember some aspect of your current or previous visit. This could include things like the options you have selected or the preferences you’ve chosen during your visit. Websites commonly do this so they can improve or tailor your current and future visits to that site or other related sites.
GMIB.IE AND COOKIES
- Storing details that help you to manage accounts and policies online, for example user login details
- Helping us to provide relevant information, like details of products, services and other information that you may be interested in
- Finding out how people use our website - how often they visit, which pages they go to, and which links they click on - so we can improve our sites
- Storing information about which media players you use so that video content will appear correctly
- Collect information that will help us to distinguish visitors, to understand visitors’ browsing habits on our site, and to improve their experience
- Collect information that will allow us to tailor the type of ads you see, based on your previous interactions with our website
- Compile statistical reports on website activity, for example the amount of visitors and the pages they visit
- Remember information about you when you visit. Some of the cookies are essential in our efforts to provide our services to you.
Our website uses four different types of cookies.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be turned off. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but this means that some parts of the site will not work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable info.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our website. They help us to pinpoint which pages are the most popular and least popular and also see how visitors navigate the site. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not know when you have visited our site, and we will not be able to monitor its performance.
These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies, some or all of these services may not function properly.
These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
ACCEPTING, DELETING, AND TURNING OFF COOKIES
To review or change your cookie acceptance on gmib.ie, please click the link below.
You can control which cookies are deployed on your device at any time by clicking the link above. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.